· maintained at length without interruption or weakening.
· (of an electric arc) continuous; "heat transfer to the anode in free burning arcs".
· supported from below; kept from falling or sinking.
· conversation between two or more persons.
· the conversation between characters in a novel, drama, etc.
· an exchange of ideas or opinions on a particular issue, esp. a political or
religious issue, with a view to reaching an amicable agreement or settlement.
· a literary work in the form of a conversation: a dialogue of Plato.
· to carry on a dialogue; converse.
· to discuss areas of disagreement frankly in order to resolve them.