- Building Supervisor
- Welcome Desk Attendant
- Ticket Office Associate
- Production Assistant
<< Frist Home Page
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director for Operations and Facilities, Building Supervisors are responsible for the operation of the entire facility in the absence of professional staff. The Building Supervisor must fulfill management, administrative and other general responsibilities to meet the performance expectations for this position.
1. Management Responsibilities
a . Supervise, manage and provide support to the entire center’s student staff. Supervise student staff in all areas of Frist Campus Center.
b. Assist in the recruitment and selection process for new Management Team members.
2. Administrative Responsibilities
a. Open and close the Frist Campus Center in a timely fashion.
b. Document and report all maintenance, safety and staff problems to the Associate Director for Operations and Facilities.
c. Record all pertinent events and situations occurring while on shift in a detailed log. Provide enough factual data to enable professional staff to follow up the next working day.
d. Tour the facility on a continual basis to count the numbers of patrons in the facility and document problems encountered in the Building Supervisor log.
e. Upon arrival to the student center, thoroughly review the programs and meetings scheduled for the day and ask for clarification when necessary.
f. Ensure the timely and accurate completion of House Crew setup. Perform routine audits to ensure appropriate set-up details are provided for the client.
g. Maintain control of all student center keys. Monitor the sign-in/out and return of keys by staff.
h. Understand and be able to use all student center equipment including MPR sound system.
I. Responsible for all cash handling procedures while on duty including, counting the safe upon arrival and before closing, rectifying cash shortages and monitoring all ticket sale deposits.
j. Responsible for scheduling in accordance with building events and other shifts as assigned.
3. Other Responsibilities
a . Develop a sense of pride, professionalism, cooperation and initiative in your position.
b. Effectively analyze and respond to conflicts and problems, utilizing strong communication and delegation skills.
c. Understand and provide quality customer service to all patrons of the Frist Campus Center.
d. Participate in all Management Team meetings and other in-service opportunities.
e. Wear provided Frist Campus Center staff clothing for each shift.
Qualifications: The position of Building Supervisor is multi-faceted. To be able to achieve a high degree of effectiveness in this position, the following areas are important:
1. Communication- the ability to accurately communicate with others, to listen effectively, remembering that communication is a two-way process.
2. Trustworthiness - a capacity to be trusted, consistent and honest.
3. Maturity - a sense of identity and reliability; ability to receive and offer constructive criticism; ability to maintain balance/perspective and good judgment.
4. Commitment - a willingness to make an investment of time, energy and skills.
5. Flexibility - the ability to adapt responsibly to a variety of situations and support colleagues in an equitable fashion.
6. Creativity- openness to trying new ideas and methods a capacity for creative problem-solving, ability to generate enthusiasm in others.
7. Leadership - the ability to serve as a role model for staff and colleagues and encourage professional development.
a. Must be a full-time matriculated student in good academic standing.
b. Must be available to work at least two (2) semesters with reviews after each semester.
c. Must attend mandatory fall training.