81. Princeton-Blairstown Center

 


The Princeton-Blairstown Center is an independent, non-profit organization founded by University alumni and students as the Princeton Summer Camp in 1908 to offer healthy and character-building camping experiences to disadvantaged inner-city children.  In 1930, the program moved to its present, permanent location in northwestern New Jersey.  The Center is located on 275 acres of forest, trails, and waterfalls near to the 77,000-acre Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.  Today, the program continues to serve disadvantaged youth and their communities as its primary purpose, often employing University undergraduates as counselors.  In this picture, Susan Lynch ’89 counsels two children at the Blairstown facility.

CLOSE