1. For the 2014-15 program year on "Global Diffusion," the Fung Global Fellows program welcomed applications until the November 1, 2013 deadline. Eligible were scholars who received their PhD (or the equivalent of an Anglo-American PhD) within 10 years of the proposed start date of the fellowship. For a fellowship beginning in Fall 2014, applicants had to have received their degree no earlier than September 1, 2004. The receipt of the PhD is determined by the date on which all requirements for the degree at the applicant’s home institution, including the defense and filing of the dissertation, were fulfilled.
2. Applicants must hold a position outside the United States of America at the time of application, to which they are expected to return at the conclusion of the fellowship.
3. Fellowships will be awarded to candidates who have already demonstrated outstanding scholarly achievement and exhibit unusual intellectual promise but are still at the beginning of their careers. Criteria for the fellowship includes: the strength of the candidate’s research projects, the relationship of those projects to the program’s theme, the candidate’s previous scholarly work, the candidate’s ability to contribute to the intellectual life and intellectual exchange of the program, and the candidate’s work experience outside the United States. The selection committee is looking to establish a cohort of fellows whose work represents diverse analytical approaches and disciplinary backgrounds and addresses a wide variety of places.
4. US citizens and non-citizens, regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability, were eligible to apply.
5. Fellows must be in residence in Princeton during the academic year of their fellowship so that they can interact with one another and participate actively in the program’s seminars and other events on campus. Fellows are also expected to present their ongoing projects in seminars organized by the program.
Princeton University is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable EEO and affirmative action regulations.