Noyes Lab Rules
1. If its sounds like more work, it’s probably the right thing to do.
2. Always use a master mix.
3. Always run a “no insert” ligation control.
4. 2 Fold differences are meaningless in Biology…except when they aren't.
5. Attention to detail is the difference between success and struggle.
6. When in doubt, see rule 1.
7. When you try to do everything, you do nothing.
8. A little Voodoo never hurts.
9. What would Bob Sauer do?
10. Dream big.
11. The Zif268 rule: The best-case scenario is not the best control.
12. Prepare for failure, enjoy success.
14. A healthy dose of paranoia is a scientist’s best friend.
15. Only when you start with great materials can you hope for great results.