Geosciences Printer List
All Geoscience printing must be sent through the Geo Printer Que
The following networked printers are also located within Guyot Hall, but are designated as part of a lab. Permission to print and lab access to these printers must be obtained from the owner before the printer is used.
Macintosh systems use Geo-PrinterQue:631 or (18.104.22.168:631)
Add printer – IP – Protocol:IPP – Address Geo-Printerque:631 (if this shows as invalid address use the 128 number listed above) – Queue: printers/Printer Name
Macintosh users may use the Generic driver that comes up.
Windows systems use Geo-PrinterQue:631 or (22.214.171.124:631)
Add a printer – Network – Not listed – Select HTTP://126.96.36.199:631/printers/Name_PC
Windows users should pick a driver that matches the printer you are setting up.
How to Add a Printer to Your Computer
1. Go to System Preferences → Print & Scan
2. Click the + below the list of printers. IP Printers should be selected at the top of the pop-up window.
3. Select LPD if it is not the default for Protocol and then use the Printer name for the address.
4. If the printer driver does not fill in for the Use: section at the bottom, use the pull down to select. If the driver is not in your list Generic PostScript Printer is OK
5. Click Add and make sure you click the Duplex Printing Unit if asked.
1. Log in as the Administrator
2. From the Star menu, go to Devices & Printers on the right pane.
3. Click Add a printer from the top of the window.
4. Click Add a local printer
5. Click Create a new port. Type of port select Standard TCP/IP Port.
6. Enter printer name from the grid above.
7. Select driver. If the driver is not listed click Windows Update. This will take a few minutes to load. Select driver. Click Next
8. Change the name of the driver to the name of the printer you selected. Click Next
9. Click Print a test page. Click Finish.
Windows XP & Vista
1. Login as administrator
2. Go to Control Panel →Printers/Faxes
3. Select Add a Printer under Printer Tasks on left side of window. This launches the Add Printer Wizard.
4. Click Next.
5. Select “Local printer attached to this computer”
6. Uncheck “Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play Printer”.
7. Select Create a new port.
8. Set Type of Port to Standard TCP/IP port. Click Next.
9. Enter Printer name from the table above
10. Confirm name is correct. Click Next, then Finish.
11. If your computer does not have the correct driver it will default to Generic Network Card. Click Next
12. Install Printer Software will allow you to choose a printer driver if you have the install. When done with your selection click Next.
13. Click Finish. Printer should now print a test page out. Check to make sure that the test page has printed. If so, click OK.