Departments make computer purchases directly through University Financials (for Apple and IBM purchases) or through the Dell Premier Page (for Dell). A select group of recommended bundles is available for departmental ordering. In addition, specific Dell computers, conforming to the standards defined by the Desktop Systems Council (DeSC), are set-up in the Dell Premier Page. The purchase site for Dell requires a Dell Premiere Log In. See Dell Premier Support to begin. When you initiate your order with the computer vendor you must also submit a form that requests Hardware Support to contact you to schedule the installation and set-up of your new computer using the Hardware Installation Service Request Form.
Faculty and Staff Personal Purchases
Computers for personal purchase are not offered through the University. However, individuals are encouraged to consider Dell and Apple for personal acquisition and to use the University's current standards as a suggested guide. For University personalized portals to these vendors, follow these links to Dell Apple , and IBM .
See Doreen Sullivan in Room 111. 258-5184
Please see Doreen to set-up your computer on the host database. She has a sign-up sheet on her desk if she is not in her office.
How to print to a local or networked printer from your computer if you use:
1. Log in as the Administrator
2. From the Star menu, launch Devices and Printers and click Add a printer from the menu bar at the top of the window.
3. In the Add a printer window select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printers .
4. in Select a printer window, click The printer that i want isn't listed.
5. In the Find a printer by name or TCP/IP, click Add a printer using a TCP/IP or hostname. Click Next.
6. in Type a printer hostname or IP address in Hostname or IP address type http://184.108.40.206:631/printers/printername_PC. Name of printers are below. Example: http://220.127.116.11:631/printers/Azurite_PC. Click Next.
7. In Additional port information required pane click Next. For Xerox printers select Xerox GPD PS v3.2.303.16.0. Click OK.
8. In the Add Printer window. Click Next
9. Click Print a test page if you wish. Click Finish.
1. Launch System Preferences and select Printer & Scanners. Click the + button in the lower left hand corner.
2. In the Add window select the IP icon.
3. In Address, type 18.104.22.168:631. In Protocol select Internet Printing Protocol - IPP
4. In Queue, enter printers/printer_mac. The name of the printers (below)_mac. Example: printers/Azurite_Mac
5. In Name, change the IP address to the name of the printer and the room number. The Generic driver works fine. Click Add and check Duplex Printing Unit and click OK
Printers for Department Use
|Type||Printer Host Name||Room||Model|
|Color||Anvil||B87||HP Color LaserJet 4650|
|Color||Azurite||109||Xerox ColorQube 8870DT|
|Color||Dapplegray||M55||Xerox Phaser 6600DN|
|B&W||Diamond||208||HP LaserJet 4100|
|Color||Eurydice||177||Xerox ColorQube 8570DN|
|B&W||Flintstone||178||HP LaserJet 400|
|Color||Footy||212||Xerox ColorQube 8570DN|
|B&W||Graphite||109||Xerox Phaser 4600|
|B&W||Homestar||211||HP LaserJet 2300|
|Color||Magma||312||HP Color LaserJet 4700|
|Color||Marble (single side only)||315||HP Color LaserJet 4700|
|Color||Parrotfish||15||Xerox ColorQube 8570DN|
|Color||Quartz||112||Xerox ColorQube 8570DN|
|B&W||Shale||B93||HP LaserJet 2420|
|Color||Tourettes||308a||Xerox Phaser 7800DN|
|Color||Turquoise||153a||Xerox ColorQube 8570DN|
|B&W||Zircon||A55||Dell 2350DN Laser Printer|
Once you have a University netID, you should receive your initial password in a sealed envelope. Go to OIT activation page click here.
OIT HELP DESK (Office of Information Technology)
Dial 258-HELP and choose from the menu. Help is available for all University Computer and Business Applications; PeopleSoft, ListServ and Telephone/Directory issues.
Doreen Sullivan , IT Team Manager, Geosciences. Room 111
Georgette Chalker, Webmaster/Communications Manager, Geosciences. Room 114 for assistance with web development
OIT Software Sales offers excellent prices for departmental and personal purchases of software to University faculty, staff, and students. The University is authorized to purchase from many manufacturers. Princeton students, faculty and staff are eligible to purchase using their netID to access the OIT Online Store.
Campus Software Pick-up Location
113 Frist Campus Center
Software Licensing Please read carefully. Rules are very different for staff and students.
The Surplus Open House is open every Tuesday from 9am - 12 Noon for departmental transactions and 11am - 12 Noon for employee purchases. The Surplus Open House is also open on Wednesday's from 10am - 2:30pm for departments/general public transactions. For more information refer to the website.