Events - Weekly
|Sunday, April 28|
|Monday, April 29|
|Tuesday, April 30|
"Pandemics, Public Health, and Political Change: The Critical Importance of Communication" - Dr. Richard Besser
Dr. Besser, currently ABC News' chief health and medical editor, was the acting director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and led the agency's response to the 2009 H1N1 flu pandemic. He learned the critical importance of communication to shape perceptions of health crises and health behaviors. His talk will discuss public health and political change and he’ll explain why in health the biggest impacts can be made by talking rather than by testing.
Dodds Auditorium, Robertson Hall · 4:30 p.m.– 6:00 p.m.
|Wednesday, May 1|
|Thursday, May 2|
Griswold Center for Economic Policy Studies 2013 Undergraduate Student Research Forum
This forum is co-sponsored by the Center for Health and Wellbeing and features the following health economics senior theses:
- Maeve Drablos ’13, "Easing Transition to Adulthood for Students with Disabilities: A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Community-Based Instruction in New Jersey"
- Samuel Dresner ’13, "Hospitals Bickering: An Empirical Study of the Impact of Hospital Competition on the Quality and Cost of Medical Care in California"
- Ameer Elbuluk ’13, "Hospital vs. Hospice: An Empirical Analysis of the Determinants of Care in End-of-Life Patients"
- Shirley Lee ’13, "Effects of Stimulant Treatment for ADHD on Long-term Academic Outcomes in Children"
- Jio Park ’13 , "Consolidation in the Health Care Industry: An Empirical Study of the Impact of Hospital Mergers on Quality of Care in California"
Friend Center Convocation Room · 4:30 p.m.– 6:00 p.m.
|Friday, May 3|
|Saturday, May 4|