Incoming graduate students are eligible to arrive prior to the begining of their first academic year (but not earlier than July 1) provided they are either invited to campus early to begin paid research with a faculty member or as part of a formal academic program. Students must be approved by the Graduate School to arrive early, and may only arrive three days prior to their program start date. Students who arrive before this time will not be housed, so students should plan accordingly. If you think you will be an early arrival, please contact your department administrator to make arrangements.
Once on campus students must complete the following procedures and check-ins. All students should begin by checking in with their academic department.
If you are living in University housing, please go to the graduate housing office (New South Building, 5th floor) during regular business hours (M-F 8:45 am - 5 pm). If youa re arriving after hours or over a weekend, please go to Public Safety (200 Elm Dr.) to pick up your housing packet.
- Early Arrival Check-in with Academic Affairs
- I-9 completion
Davis International Center (international students only)
- International student check-in. All international students are required to show their passport, I-20, or DS-2019, and I-94 if applicable.
Please note: International students must report to the Davis International Center within 15 days of you I-20/DS-2019 start date.
Tiger Card Office
- Obtain a student identification card, if no card is included in your housing packet.
Transportation and Parking
- Apply for a parking permit Students require a vehicle registration and a copy of graduate housing contract.
Complete the following information online:
- International students must complete Summer Sign-In via SCORE
McCosh Health Center
- Complete the Medical Information Form
- Provide vaccination record
Please note: If required immunizations are incomplete a HOLD will be placed on your registration until you have received them.
- Complete the W-4
- Register for direct deposit
- Complete Nonresident Tax Compliance and Reporting form (international students only)
International graduate students arriving during the summer will be advised in their immigration materials of early orientation sessions. Please contact the Davis International Center at (609) 258-5006 or firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions.