The December 15 application deadline is quickly approaching for the following departments; ANT, APC, ART, CHE, CLA, COS, ELE, ENG, GER, HIS, HOS, MAE, MAT, PHY, POL, PPL and SOC. If you are applying for an application fee waiver your application MUST be submitted by December 9 at 11:59 pm EST to be considered for the fee waiver for these departments.
The Graduate Admission Office will be closed on Friday, December 13 at 5:00 pm EST and will not reopen until Monday, December 16 at 9:00 am EST. If you encounter issues applying during this time you can email the Help Desk at email@example.com.
We encourage ALL applicants to apply early! Those who wait until the deadline when internet traffic is greatly increased run the risk of not making the deadline. As a reminder you do NOT need to wait for your recommenders and can submit your application before they complete their part.
Prior to beginning your electronic application, please review the helpful tips below and refer to our webpage for specific application requirements. Please note:
- Application materials should be only uploaded in the appropriate spaces provided and under the additional information section of the electronic application. Princeton does NOT accept paper application materials, with the exception of architecture and music samples. Please refer to file upload requirements webpage for specific instructions on uploading materials. Please also be sure to review any additional department requirements may be required for your chosen department.
- All test scores MUST be sent from the test center to Princeton University (Institution Code 2672). Department codes are not used at Princeton and are not required by Educational Testing Services (ETS). Please refer to the following pages for specific information on the tests; GMAT, GRE, IELTS and TOEFL. Please allow extra time for test scores to be received and reflected in your electronic checklist.
- DO NOT wait for your recommenders to submit their recommendations as they have an additional two weeks after your deadline to submit their recommendation letter.
- Before you submit your application, double-check your work. We will NOT accept revised documents. Once an application is submitted, it is considered final.
- If you have not submitted your application, you can log in and manage your account.
- Once you submit your application, you can log back into your application and check the status. Please note that duplicate materials and items not required as part of your application will NOT appear on your checklist. Checklists are only maintained after you submit your electronic application.
To apply for admission to Princeton's Graduate School, you must use our electronic application through CollegeNET. ALL application materials must be submitted electronically and are NOT to be mailed to the Graduate School or the department you are applying to.