Eligible graduate students at Princeton participate in the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program during the summer. The 2013 Federal Work Study summer program will begin on Monday, July 8, 2013, and will end Friday, August 30, 2013.
Please note: Both the student and the faculty member with whom s/he wishes to work with must complete applications. The deadline for completing summer 2013 Federal Work-study applications is April 22, 2013.
A student must meet the following federal guidelines in order to qualify for FWS funding and, therefore, to hold a research assistant position:
- Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents are eligible.
- Students must demonstrate financial need and federal eligibility.
- Students must complete the 2013-14 FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 22, 2013.
- Students must provide the Graduate School with a copy of their 2012 IRS form 1040EZ, 1040A or 1040 or a statement that s/he is not required to file.
- Students must be formally admitted for the fall 2013 term at Princeton University. Students must be in good academic standing.