Services Offered by the Office of Graduate Student Life
Dean Lisa Schreyer and members of the student life staff are available to offer assistance with:
- Questions and concerns about general University policies and procedures affecting graduate students.
- New student information and orientation programs.
- Financial difficulties and assistance, including:
Assistance with Medical Expenses
Ford Foundation Engineering Loan (for Ph.D. candidates)
Short-term Contingency Loans
- Residential, apartment life matters and exceptions to housing and dining services policies.
- Campus Life. The office works closely with the Graduate College House, Butler and Lawrence Committees to create opportunities for student interaction across disciplines.
- Organizing and planning intellectual, cultural and social events, recreational outings, public service and other activities. We offer programs to enhance the experiences and perspectives of graduate students in collaboration with the Women's, International, Fields, and LGBT Centers; Center for Jewish Life; Office of Religious Life, academic departments and other campus programs; the Graduate Student Government and other graduate student organizations.
- Personal concerns and referrals. Students experiencing difficulties that may be exacerbated by an unfamiliar environment, the challenges of maturation, academic pressure or pre-existing disorders may prefer or need the benefit of professional support to address their problems at the Counseling Center.
- Complaint Resolution: Graduate student complaints and grievances against other graduate students; concerns related to University principles of general conduct and regulations; matters involving sexual harassment and assault, racial or ethnic bias or harassment, discrimination; personal safety and security may be discussed with Dean Schreyer.
- Crisis management for medical, psychological and other emergencies.
- Completion of Form I-9 (pdf) Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Hooding Ceremony and Commencement-related events.