Year 2013 Archive
- Location: Monastery of Hagios Ioannis Prodromos, Greece
- Location: 201 Marx Hall
- Location: 202 Jones Hall
- Location: 210 Dickinson Hall
- Location: 211 Dickinson Hall
- Location: 300 Wallace Hall
- Location: 5 Ivy Lane
- Location: Aaron Burr Hall, Room 216
- Location: Aaron Burr Hall, Room 219
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Location: Betts Auditorium, Architecture Building
- Location: Campus Club, 5 Prospect Avenue
- Location: Chancellor Green Rotunda
- Location: Chancellor Green, 103
- Location: Computer Science 104
- Location: Computer Science Room, 105
- Location: Crete
- Location: East Pyne, 161
- Location: East Pyne, Room 010
- Location: Erdman Center, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Location: Firestone Library
- Location: Firestone Library, A-18-D-2
- Location: Frick Chemistry Lab
- Location: Greece
- Location: Hamilton Murray Theater
- Location: Lobby of Scheide Caldwell House
- Location: Mathey College Common Room
- Location: McAlpin Rehearsal Room, Woolworth Center
- Location: McCarter Theater
- Location: McCormick Hall
- Location: McCormick Hall, Room 101
- Location: McCormick Hall, Room 106
- Location: McCosh 10
- Location: Mudd Library
- Location: Mytilene, Greece
- Location: Paros, Greece
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Location: Princeton Art Museum
- Location: Princeton University Chapel
- Location: Richardson Auditorium
- Location: Robertson Hall, 023
- Location: Robertson Hall, Bowl 1
- Location: Robertson Hall, Bowl 16
- Location: Robertson Hall, Bowl 2
- Location: Robertson Hall, Room 011
- Location: Santorini, Greece
- Location: Scheide Caldwell House, Room 103
Film Screening: "God Loves Caviar", Directed by Yannis Smaragdis
Lecture: Stephen J. Shoemaker, "The Apocalypse of Empire: Imperial Eschatology in Late Antiquity and Early Islam"
Lecture: Dimitris Dalakoglou, "The Crisis before the 'The Crisis': Violence and Urban Neoliberalisation in Athens"
Lecture: Patricia Fortini Brown, "Between Observation and Appropriation: Venetian Encounters with a Fragmentary Classical Past"
Film Screening: "Smyrna: The Destruction of a Cosmopolitan City, 1900-1922"
Film Screening: "45m2" with English subtitles, Directed by Stratos Tzitzis
Lecture: Rebekah Rutkoff, "Cinematic Incubation: Gregory Markopoulos' Asclepion Vision"
Workshop: Sotiris Fotakidis and Dimitra Kotoula
Lecture: Michael Konaris, "The Greek Gods in the History of Classical Scholarship: Rival Theories in Nineteenth Century Germany and Britain"
Lecture: Dimitrios Gkintidis, "Greeks and Poor Others: Nationalism and Symbolic Hierarchies at the Turn of the 21th Century"
Lecture: Antonis Hadjikyriacou, "Revisiting the Millet Debate"
Graduate Student Conference: "Modern Greece: Works in Progress"
Film Screening: "Greek-American Radicals: The Untold Story"
Lecture: Yannis Hamilakis, "Archaeology and Archaeological Ethnography in Central Greece: From the Neolithic to the Present (and Back)"
Workshop: Katerina Stergiopoulou, "Cavafy in/on Translation"
Lecture: Brian Joseph, "What is not so (E)strange about Greek as a Balkan Language"
Film Screening, "The Travelling Players"
Lecture: Elizabeth Davis, "Visualizing "The Missing" in Cyprus: Forensic and Documentary Evidence"
Workshop: Tassos Haniotis, "Greece, Agriculture and the EU: Myths, Stereotypes, Opportunities"
Workshop: "Archaeology and Pedagogy"
HLS/CRW Reading: Edmund Keeley and Karen Emmerich, "An Evening of Modern Greek Poetry: Yannis Ritsos and Eleni Vakalo"
Workshop: Christian Sahner, "Christianity in Syria: Past and Present"
Sophomore Open House
Workshop: Nikolaos Papazarkadas, "Epigraphy in Nineteenth Century Greece: Institutional and Ideological Aspects"
Workshop: Yael Berda, "The Citizen, The Suspect and the Civil Servant: British Colonial Legacies of Emergency in Cyprus"
Workshop: Stavros Vlizos, “Representation and Perception of Greek Cult Statues During the Middle and Late Imperial Period: The Pheidian Zeus”
Informal Discussion with President Shirley Tilghman
Lecture: Anthony Grafton, "Martin Crusius: A Late Humanist Confronts a Tradition Transformed"
Film Screening: "Strella" (A Woman's Way)
Workshop: Georgia Pateridou, “The Intellectual as a National Figure in Greece in the 1880s”
Informal Discussion: Kalypso Nicolaidis, “Greek Democracy Today: A European Story”
Film Screening: "Homeland" (Χώρα Προέλευσης)
Workshop: Evgenia Sifaki, "Debating Hellenism in C.P. Cavafy’s: 'Going Back Home from Greece' and 'Philhellene'"
Lecture: Basil Gounaris, "Greece and the Balkans: A Story of a Troubled Relationship (19th-20th centuries)"
Workshop: Rossitza Schroeder, "Images and Monastic Practice: The Funerary Chapel of the Chora Monastery in Constantinople"
- Location: Scheide Caldwell House, Room 209
- Location: Stuart Hall, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Location: Taplin Hall
- Location: TBA
- Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
- Location: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Location: Visualization Center, 225 Lewis Library
- Location: West Room, Firestone Library