Year 2015 Archive
- Location: Monastery of Hagios Ioannis Prodromos, Greece
- Location: 016 Richardson
- Location: 101 Friend Center, Williams Street
- Location: 127 East Pyne
- Location: 201 Marx Hall
- Location: 202 Jones Hall
- Location: 210 Dickinson Hall
- Location: 211 Dickinson Hall
- Location: 300 Wallace Hall
- Location: 301 Marx Hall
- Location: 5 Ivy Lane
- Location: Aaron Burr Hall, Room 216
- Location: Aaron Burr Hall, Room 219
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Location: Betts Auditorium, Architecture Building
- Location: Campus Club, 5 Prospect Avenue
- Location: Chancellor Green #105
- Location: Chancellor Green Rotunda
- Location: Chancellor Green, 103
- Location: Computer Science 104
- Location: Computer Science Room, 105
- Location: Crete
- Location: Dodds Auditorium (Robertson Hall: Woodrow Wilson School)
- Location: East Pyne, 161
- Location: East Pyne, Room 010
- Location: Erdman Center, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Location: Fine Hall
- Location: Firestone Library
- Location: Firestone Library, A-18-D-2
- Location: Frick Chemistry Lab
- Location: Frist Multi-Purpose Room C
- Location: Greece
- Location: Hamilton Murray Theater
- Location: Lobby of Scheide Caldwell House
- Location: Marie and Edward Matthews '53 Acting Studio at 185 Nassau Street
- Location: Mathey College Common Room
- Location: McAlpin Rehearsal Room, Woolworth Center
- Location: McCarter Theater
- Location: McCormick Hall
- Location: McCormick Hall, Room 101
- Location: McCormick Hall, Room 106
- Location: McCosh 10
- Location: Mudd Library
- Location: Mytilene, Greece
- Location: Paros, Greece
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Location: Princeton Art Museum
- Location: Princeton University Chapel
- Location: Richardson Auditorium
- Location: Robertson Hall, 023
- Location: Robertson Hall, Bowl 1
- Location: Robertson Hall, Bowl 16
- Location: Robertson Hall, Bowl 2
- Location: Robertson Hall, Room 011
- Location: Santorini, Greece
- Location: Scheide Caldwell House, Room 103
Lecture: Lucien Frary, "Russia and the Establishment of the Autocephalous Church of Greece"
Reading: George Economou, "Unfinished and Uncollected"
Workshop: Vasiliki Dimoula, "‘Deconstructing’ Christianity in Fin-de-siècle Poetry: Cavafy and Rimbaud"
Lecture: Carlotta Santini, “Should the Classics still be a Model of Education? Friedrich Nietzsche on the Use and Abuse of Classical Studies”
Workshop: Charalampos Themistokleous, "Language Variation and Change: Evidence from Modern Greek Vowels"
Lecture: Nicos Alivizatos, "LGBT Rights in Times of Crisis: Another 'War' Between Greece and Europe?"
Lecture: Anna Tsiftsoglou, “Constitutional Change in Crisis-Hit Greece: Reflections on Five Years of Memoranda”
Workshop: Lorenzo Calvelli, "Strategies of Colonial Archaeology: The Kingdoms of Crete and Cyprus in Venetian Early Modern Political Discourse"
Lecture: Vladimir Boskovic, “Transnational Aspects of the Early Feminist Writing of Southeastern Europe”
Film Screening: "Last Words" by Mark Janse
Workshop: Cédric Brélaz, "Greek Democracy Under Roman Imperial Rule:Political Practice and Culture in the Post-Classical Period"
Lecture: Luisa Andriollo, “Imperial Power, Political Elites and Provincial Culture in Byzantine Court Poetry (10-11c)"
Reading: Sophia Nikolaidou, "The Scapegoat"
Lecture: Margarita Voulgaropoulou, “Cross-Cultural Encounters in the Early Modern Adriatic: The Work of Itinerant Greek Icon Painters”
Film Screening: "'Agorá' From Democracy to the Market"
Workshop: Chloe Balla, "Who is Shaking the Waters of Euripus? The Criticism of Antilogic in Plato’s Phaedo”
Class Presentation: "Thessaloniki: 2,000 Years of a City in History"
Workshop: Nina Papaconstantinou, "In Place of Script"
Lecture: Molly Greene, "Writing the History of Greeks: 1961, 2015"
Conference: Graduate Student Conference in Modern Greek Studies
Film Screening: "Athene" and "Acropolis," directed by Eva Stefani
Class Presentation: "Antioch Through the Ages"
Lecture: Eugenia Palieraki, “Looking at the Colonels’ Greece in the Chilean Mirror:A Transnational Approach to the Greek Anti-Dictatorial Movement
Workshop: Enis Dinç, "From the Ottoman Empire to the Greek-Turkish War: A Brief History of Cinema from Mustafa Kemal’s Perspective"
Reading: Nicholas Samaras, "American Psalm, World Psalm"
Lecture: Foteini Spingou,"Social and Ritual Function(s) of the Byzantine Epigrams on Works of Art: A Case Study from the Twelfth Century"
Workshop: William Smiley, "The Islamic Law of Rebellion and the Greek War of Independence"
Symposium: "More than Dirt: Princeton and Archaeology"
Lecture: Vlada Stanković, "Writing a First Modern History of Medieval Serbia: Rethinking a 'National' History”
Reading: Alicia Stallings, "Austerity Measures: An American Poet on Living, Writing, and Translating in Athens"
Lecture: Edward Schoolman, "Graeci, Greek, and 'Greekness': Three Problems of Identity and Language in Early Medieval Italy"
Workshop: "A conversation with Lina Nikolakopoulou"
Workshop: Vasileios Syros, "A Greek and French Observer of Imperial Decline: Eugenios Voulgaris, Constantin-François Volney, and the Ottomans"
Workshop: Martha Frintzila, "Ten Minute Tragedies"
Lecture: Janet Stephens, "A Really Bad Hair Day: The Science Behind Ovid's Amore 1.14"
Workshop: Theofanis Tasis, "Crisis, Image, and Mortality: Defining Iconic Modernity"
Workshop: Trine S. Willert, “'We Are All Children in God’s Imaret': Nostalgia and Religious Coexistence in Contemporary Greek Historical Fiction"
- Location: Scheide Caldwell House, Room 209
- Location: School of Architecture, N107
- Location: Stuart Hall, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Location: Taplin Hall
- Location: TBA
- Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
- Location: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Location: Visualization Center, 225 Lewis Library
- Location: West Room, Firestone Library