Information for Reapplicants
If you have previously applied to medical, dental, veterinary, or other health professions school through HPA, and wish to apply again, HPA will submit your composite letter and individual letters once again, along with an addendum letter that highlights the steps that you have taken to become a more competitive applicant.
Before you decide to reapply, please read the Considerations for Reapplicants handout, which provides guidance as you reflect on your health professional school candidacy.
ELIGIBILITY FOR AN UPDATED COMPOSITE LETTER FOR REAPPLICANTS
In order for an updated composite letter to be written for a reapplicant (i.e., an applicant who has received a committee letter in a previous year but was unsuccessful in the health professions school application process), the following criteria must be met:
- The reapplicant must have significantly improved his/her candidacy since the unsuccessful application, as determined through consultation with HPA (see Considerations for Reapplicants handout).
- The reapplicant must secure at least one new letter of recommendation from someone with whom he/she has worked since the previous application.
- The reapplicant must meet all paperwork deadlines:
- Seven days prior to pre-application interview: HPA forms 1-4, updated activities list and essays
- June 15: Deadline for HPA Pre-Application Interview scheduling
- October 1: Deadline for AMCAS submission
- The applicant must sign up for and participate in a pre-application interview.
- The applicant must release his/her application information to HPA through the primary application process (instructions to do so will be provided in an AMCAS workshop) and send HPA a copy of the verified primary application(s).
Once the letter is written, a packet of materials is sent to the applicant’s schools. The packet includes:
- Addendum to composite letter of recommendation, highlighting the steps the student has taken to become a more competitive applicant.
- One to two additional individual letters of recommendation.
- Original composite letter of recommendation.
- Original individual letters of recommendation.
- Pre-health Course Form with description of Princeton’s grading policies, independent work requirements, and other highlights of the academic program.
- Letter addressing disciplinary/academic institutional action, if applicable.
The deadline for notifying our office of your application status is June 15, 2013 for 2014 matriculation -- that is, you must have contacted our office to schedule a PAI. If we do not hear from you by then, we can send your old committee packet and additional letters to your health professions schools, with a cover sheet that states that you missed the deadline to receive an addendum to your committee letter.