The Donald Griffin ’23 Management Award
The Donald Griffin ’23 Management Award offers an annual opportunity for professional development for managers and administrators whose experience and current responsibilities indicate potential for leadership and continuing contribution to the University. Two $2,500 grants are awarded annually to an employee in administrative grades one through five and administrative grades six through ten.
Nominees are expected to have the potential for leadership by having demonstrated the following three leadership traits:
- affect others positively by motivating, encouraging and enabling them to act
- be able to learn or develop a new skill or behavior and apply it on the job
- look for and act upon opportunities to foster collaboration with others by promoting cooperative goals, making connections and providing support and advice
- held administrative or managerial positions for the past three years at the University
- experience and current responsibilities that indicate a potential for leadership and continuing contribution to the University
- Anyone can recommend an employee to the potential nominee’s manager, supervising faculty member, vice president or dean.
- Only a vice president, dean or academic chair or director can submit a nomination.
- The nomination should consist of a nomination form and a single document not to exceed two pages that should include:
- a description about the individual’s accomplishments and how he or she demonstrates the potential to become a leader;
- a proposal from the candidate that outlines the professional conference, academic program or specific course work the candidate believes will contribute to his or her individual professional development as well as to the larger mission of the department and the University; and
- a description of the educational goals, details or objectives and how it will align with and be applied to the candidate’s work at the departmental and institutional level.
- The deadline for submitting a nomination and supporting information is January 11, 2013.
- All information should be sent to Griffin ’23 Management Award Selection Committee, Office of Human Resources, 2 New South. Electronic submissions can be e-mailed to Maureen Connolly.