Donald Griffin ’23 Management Award
- Provide substantive information about who the candidate is, the type of work the individual does, and how the work has impacted the function and/or department.
- Give clear and specific examples as you describe the candidate’s accomplishments and how the individual demonstrates the potential to become a leader if not yet a manager or to expand upon leadership skills for those already in leadership positions.
- Include a strong proposal from the candidate that explains the candidate’s interest in this particular professional development opportunity and how they intend on applying the learning back on the job.
- Provide specific details about the professional conference, academic program or course work and how it not only aligns to the candidate’s professional development goals but also to the larger mission of the department and University. Be sure to provide a breakdown of program costs including the program itself and any associated travel, transportation and accommodations if applicable. Materials about the conference can be included in the proposal and will be considered an attachment to the proposal.
- If appropriate, include endorsements from staff or faculty to illustrate the impact of the candidate’s contributions based on the criteria but must stay within the three (3) page limit.
- Contact John Weeren, director of the Princeton Writes program and former speechwriter to President Emerita Shirley M. Tilghman. John can provide help with structuring nominations as well as proofreading.
Programs or Associations to Consider:
If you are would like to nominate or be nominated for the Griffin Award but are uncertain what professional programs exist to improve overall productivity or leadership effectiveness, which would qualify for the Griffin Award, you might want to consider some of the options below. Also, research any groups or associations you may be affiliated with as many offer yearly conferences and programs as well.
Cornell University’s ILR School (Industrial and Labor Relations)