As an educational institution, we encourage you to grow personally and professionally throughout your career by offering many educational opportunities and benefits to acquire new skills and knowledge. The Learning and Development Team is committed to supporting and guiding your personal and professional development, because as a Princeton staff member, your abilities, skills and contributions provide essential support for the University’s teaching and research activities.
We believe that your individual career development is a process that involves:
- exploring and understanding your individual capabilities and aspirations
- continuous learning
- providing on-going support and motivation
- identifying goals to help you achieve your potential
- contributing to Princeton and fulfilling the University’s need for an engaged, productive and high-performing workforce
You play an integral role in your career development process. We believe that 70 percent of learning and development occurs from self-directed real life and on-the-job experiences, tasks and problem solving, which is necessary for a successful career journey.
Career development can enhance your performance and on-going professional development. It requires you to obtain the necessary information and tools needed to take advantage of current or future growth opportunities. These opportunities can include:
- working on new projects
- expansion of current role
- skill-based training
- formal education, including college or graduate school classes, certificate programs, and seminars
- participation in professional organizations
- promotion or reclassification
- transfer or reassignment
We offer individual coaching sessions to help you explore your interests and values, your professional ambitions and identify next steps that will get you headed in the right career direction. Please call or e-mail Kamara Blackman
for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Career development classes are also available
. They include:
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Interview Preparation
For more information or to give us feedback on our services or your needs, please visit the Employee Learning Center
We can help you choose the learning opportunity that’s right for you. Just call or send us an e-mail. We’re here to help!