- A temporary adjustment is a salary override given to an incumbent who has taken on additional duties and responsibilities that are at a higher salary grade level than their current salary grade.
- Additional duties and responsibilities must be assumed for a period of more than six weeks.
- Additional duties and responsibilities must be classified at a higher salary grade level than the incumbent's current grade.
- Employees graded ADM080 and higher are not eligible for temporary adjustments.
- The incumbent must be performing at an effective performance level.
Your senior HR manager will assist you in the preparation of a form necessary to assess the position for possible temporary adjustment. This form should include the following data:
- Additional duties and responsibilities the incumbent has assumed
- Anticipated length of time these duties will be performed
- Grade level of reassigned or newly assumed duties
Documents will be reviewed by the Compensation Team and a recommendation will be made to the senior HR manager.