The senior Human Resources managers and/or the employee relations specialists can assist departments by:
- collaborating to address current and future hiring needs and develop staffing plans to achieve and maintain a diverse staff;
- working with hiring managers to develop new and update existing department job descriptions;
- fostering an environment that encourages a collaborative relationship between staff members and their managers;
- strategizing how to make department goals successful;
- providing advice and guidance to managers on various compensation issues; and
- coaching managers to deal with performance management issues, drive organizational development as business needs change, provide a consistent approach to administering HR policies and processes and promote ongoing communication between managers and staff.