The senior Human Resources managers and the employee relations specialists work collaboratively with managers and staff to:
- interpret University HR policies and procedures;
- advise on practical applications to ensure fairness, clarity and consistency;
- provide advice and guidance on how departments and staff need to be compliant with all state and federal employment laws;
- manage leaves of absence to be compliant with University standards and regulations; contractual standards (where appropriate) and applicable laws;
- address and resolve conflict of interest situations;
- handle disciplinary, discrimination, and harassment matters; and
- make referrals to other HR functional areas, as needed.