President's Achievement Award
The President’s Achievement Award (PAA) recognizes outstanding members of the support and administrative staffs for their exceptional dedication, extraordinary efforts that consistently go above and beyond normal job requirements and exemplary service to their departments and the University community. Award winners will receive a $2,500 monetary award and a beautifully framed certificate of achievement.
The PAA Selection Committee reviews all nominations against and gives equal weight to three primary award criteria:
- Support: the employee is dedicated and exemplary in their support of students, faculty, staff, and/or the community.
- Teamwork: the employee successfully partners with others, fostering an environment of collaboration.
- Innovation: the employee generates improvement in the workplace through creative and proactive ideas and practices.
The employees nominated must have:
- at least five years of service in good standing
- consistent exceptional performance that sets them apart from others
- a commitment to excellence
- a willingness to exceed their normal job requirements
The President and the PAA Selection Committee select five individuals annually. Four are from the administrative and related staffs, grades 1 through 6, and the biweekly A and B staffs; one is from the administrative and related staffs, grades 7 or 8.
- Anyone can recommend an employee to the potential nominee’s manager, supervising faculty member, vice president or dean.
- Only a vice president, dean or academic chair or director can submit a nomination.
- A nomination consists of a nomination form and a written nomination, not to exceed three pages. For equity reasons, additional information can not be taken into consideration by the Committee.
- The written nomination should include specific examples of an individual’s accomplishments and contributions that reflect the three primary criteria. It must contain all information requested on the nomination form.
- The deadline for submitting a nomination and supporting information is January 15, 2014.
- All information should be sent to President's Achievement Award Selection Committee, Office of Human Resources, 2 New South. Electronic submissions can be e-mailed to Jaclyn Immordino.
The nomination may incorporate supporting materials or endorsements from staff, faculty and/or students.
Individuals looking for guidance on writing nominations can contact John Weeren, director of the Princeton Writes program and former speechwriter to President Shirley M. Tilghman. John can provide help with structuring nominations as well as proofreading. Contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Princeton Writes website at pwrites.princeton.edu.
Recipients of the PAA will receive a monetary award of $2,500 and a framed certificate of achievement.
Award recipients will be invited to attend the annual staff Service Recognition Luncheon on March 27, 2014, in Jadwin Gymnasium where the President will recognize their accomplishments. Please watch for announcements on the HR homepage or Announcements section of this website.
For more information, contact Jaclyn Immordino, 258-9149.