Audio/Video Editing and Scriptwriting
The HRC has software that can help faculty with audio editing and creation, video editing (including adding and creating sub titles for videos), and and even script writing for audio/visual projects on Mac and Window platforms. We have the following software to help with such tasks: iMovie and MovieMaker, MPEGStreamClip, FinalDraft, SubsFactory, Audacity.
Text Encoding, Recognition and TEI
The HRC can provide support and software for working with digital versions of text including the Oxygen XML editor and Optical Character Recognition software including OmniPage, ReadIris, and ABBYY FineReader.
Mapping and Visualization
The HRC can provide support for help with adding visuals to your projects and research. Adding geolocation materials such as maps or map overlays, or even creating a chart to show relationships and interactions can also be done with the folowing software provided at the HRC: Gephi, Google Earth, MapTiler, and The WPGeo WordPress plugin.
The HRC Lab is equipped with:
- 10 Dell Optiplex 960 running Windows 8.1
- 2 Dell Inspiron One - touch screen
- 5 Intel Mac Pro – Mountain Lion/Mavericks
- 10-AOC 22” multi-function flat panel monitors.
- Inputs: VGA, VCR, DVD/Blu-Ray LD player, cable TV inputs
- Sony HS-90 headsets with microphone
- 12-Panasonic AG-W3 multi-region VHS players
- 8 Denon multi-region DVD players
- 2 Pioneer DVL-919 laser disc/DVD players
- 1 LG multi-region Blu-Ray/DVD player
- 2 Epson Perfection 3200 High Speed flatbed scanners
- 1 Epson GT-S50 document scanner
The Meeting Room
The Meeting Room fulfills two functions, a small formal meeting area and a viewing room for film. The Meeting room has the following hardware:
- Samsung 52” display
- Sony Blu-Ray/DVD Player
- Panasonic AG-W3 Multi-region VHS player
- HDMI laptop connection
The Meeting Room is available during the HRC's operating hours. To schedule time in the room is on a first come first serve basis. To schedule a block of time, please login and sign up on the scheduling calendar. When the calendar appears, click on the day you want to make an appointment (by clicking on the time listed). Choose the times and dates you want to reserve the room on the calendar.
The HRC classroom features:
- 13 – Dual-boot iMacs running Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks) and Windows 7
- 80” Sharp Aquos Interactive touch-screen display
- EasyLab Language laboratory software installed at each station
- Headsets with built-in microphones
- Conference table has built-in connections for laptop presentations
- Panasonic AG-W3 region free VHS player
- Denon region free DVD player
- Denon Blu-ray player
- Sony VPL-PX32 ceiling mounted video projection
- Wall mounted speakers
- Rolling white board
To reserve the HRC classroom send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HRC at (609)-258-0739. If the reserved time slot is not claimed during the first 15 minutes the room can be given to others. Preference is given to Language courses and courses using video in their curriculum.