Guidelines for Reading Groups
IHUM supplies a web page, logistical assistance with meeting space and inviting guests, and up to $1000 of funding to each group each year. Beyond that, setting readings, scheduling meetings, and maintaining membership is the responsibility of the organizers. Groups should be open to all graduate students and faculty.
How to Update Your Web Page
The format of each page is simple. Please leave the title and image undisturbed. Beneath that, the text is your own.
- Go to the address for your page (deptbedit.princeton.edu/ihum/reading-groups/[name])
- At the bottom of the page, click “Enter edit mode”
- Enter your Princeton NetID and password (organizers will be authorized to edit the group's page)
- Mouse over the block of text you intend to edit. A small box saying “Edit” will appear in the upper left hand corner. Click it and the text will open in an editing window.
- Make your changes. (If you have trouble with line spacing, try an “Enter” or “Shift Enter”.) When you are finished, Click “Save Page” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then click “Publish” in the top center of the page. Then you will also have to click on “Publish Page” on the top right hand side of the window to complete the change. It will then be 5 to 20 minutes before your change will show up on the live website.