Mission & Objectives
The Davis International Center is committed to providing services and programs that support the growth, development, and welfare of international students and scholars on multiple levels -– immigration regulatory advising and processing, cultural adjustment, social enrichment, and assistance with practical matters related to living in the U.S. The Davis IC also acts as a center for cultural and educational programming that advances cross-cultural understanding and interaction between U.S. and international students and scholars and promotes cultural competency across the University.
We offer advising, programs, and specialized support in the following areas:
- Advising international students and scholars on compliance with immigration laws and regulations.
- International student programs that enrich the social and cultural experience of undergraduate and graduate international students including orientation programs
- Cross cultural and practical adjustment resources & advising
- International scholar programs that assist in the cultural and practical adjustment of scholars and their families including scholar orientation programs
- Collaborating with the Friends of the Davis International Center Volunteers on their English Conversation and Host Family programs.
- Advising University hiring officials and department managers in regard to the employment-based immigration casework of international scholars, staff, and faculty.
- Developing and conducting collaborative programs with other campus units with regard to intercultural competency.
- Support for the Davis International Center Advisory Board (DICAB) and International Spouses and Partners of Princeton University (ISPPU)