U.N. Essay Contest: Many Languages, One World
Many Languages, One World
Essay Contest Eligibility and Qualifications:
- Students 18 years of age and older who are currently enrolled in a full-time program of study at a college or university are eligible to compete to win a place as a delegate to the Conference and Global Youth Forum.
- The contestants must write their essay in one of the six official languages of the United Nations: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish. Entries must be in an official language of the United Nations that is not the entrant’s first language or language of instruction in his or her primary or secondary education.
- The essay, not to exceed 2000 words, should explore: How multilingual ability advances global citizenship and understanding. The essay should reflect the entrant’s academic, cultural and national context.
- Each entrant must be sponsored by a faculty member or university official. Upon completion of the reference form, the student will receive an email with information on how to enter and upload their essay to the contest website.
- The deadline for essay submissions is February 21, 2014.
Full competition details, including forms for entry and submission, are available at http://ManyLanguagesOneWorld.ELS.edu