Persian / Farsi Language Study
Persian Language Table
The Program in Near Eastern Studies offers a Persian Language Table to build conversational skills.
Fridays (when classes are in session)
12:00 - 1:00PM, Wu Hall, Butler College
Princeton Persian Course Offerings (Spring 2017)
To develop the skills of understanding, speaking, reading and writing modern Persian. The classes are conducted mostly in Persian with emphasis on oral drills and conversations.
The emphasis is on reading modern and classical prose, and writing modern prose. Classes are conducted mostly in Persian. Advanced grammar drills and translation exercises.
This course focuses on modern Persian prose. It is the continuation of 302, and is designed to improve the student's proficiency in the reading and comprehension of Persian texts. The emphasis is on reading, understanding, and translating modern prose. The class is conducted in Persian.
Persian Language Summer Programs in the U.S.
Persian Language Summer Programs in Tajikistan
Persian Language Study in Iran
Programs currently in active operation in Iran for international students learning Persian as a second language:
- The American Institute of Iranian Studies (AIIrS) Fellowship for advanced language study in Tehran at the Saadi Foundation* - Tehran
- Dehkhoda Lexicon Institute & International Center for Persian Studies - Tehran; affiliated with University of Tehran
- University of Isfahan, Persian Language Program - Isfahan
- Shiraz University, Persian Language Learning Program - Shiraz
- Ferdowsi University, Persian Language Learning Center - Mashhad
- Imam Khomeini University, Persian Language Center - Qazvin
*The Center currently recommends Saadi Foundation for summer and short-term Persian language study.
Professional Persian Language Study
- Middle East Institute - Washington, DC