Trans People of Color Coalition Internship
TPOCC is seeking one unpaid intern for Spring 2013. The intern should be interested in gaining experience in social media, marketing/PR as well as LGB(T) based nonprofit management.
The intern should have a keen interest in issues that affect transgender people of color but does NOT have to be a member of the trans* community. Allies are encouraged to apply.
1) Must have reliable Internet capabilities (computer/internet)
2) Must be fluent in LGB(T) affairs
3) Must have interest and understanding of blogs, digital media and social networking.
4) Must be self-starter & self-teacher. Independent
5) Must have Interest in creative and formal writing.
6) Must be punctual and reliable.
SKILLS: If you’re good with Twitter, Facebook, YouTube & Tumblr, and good with networking to, for and within the LGB(T) community, you're already a good fit for the position.
Please send resumes and a short letter explaining why you're the best intern we could hope for to email@example.com
**Subject line: Internship.
ABOUT TPOCC: Trans People of Color Coalition (TPOCC) is the only national social justice organization that promotes the interest of Trans People of Color.
TPOCC is an organization to inspire and nurture collaboration among communities of color dedicated to anti-racism and fighting transphobia and the empowerment of transgender persons of color. We work to strengthen and mobilize individuals, families, and communities by changing laws, educating the public, and building social and economic strength among all persons of color. www.transpoc.org