Administrative Procedures & Policies
Employment and Enrollment verification
These official University letters should be requested from the offices below. Please allow ample lead time when requesting letters and documents.
Any questions please see the Department Manager.
The Facilities Service Center provides a central point of contact for the campus community. Questions and requests regarding custodial services, repairs, housing, pest control and a variety of other issues are addressed in a prompt, friendly and knowledgeable manner.
To request service you can call the service center directly at (609) 258 - 8000 or submit an online work request.
New Arrivals (faculty, researchers, staff and visitors)
Prior to arrival:
- Contact the Housing Office for assistance with University rentals and off-campus housing.
- For international appointees, contact the Davis International Center.
Upon arrival to campus:
- For Princeton paid appointments, complete I-9 requirements within three business days of start date. Human Resources, 2 New South. If you do not complete this step or do not complete within three days you will not receive a paycheck.
- Obtain Tiger card and parking pass, Level A New South.
Upon confirmation of your appointment you will receive an email with your netid and instructions for accessing the Princeton domain. This information is sent to the home email provided during the appointment process. If you do not receive this information please contact the Department Manager.
For access to puwireless, visit the OIT website.
Postdocs and lab members should subscribe to the department's research group listserv. To add yourself to the list please visit this page and login with your Princeton netid and password and subscribe to the RSCHGroup list. It is important that you subscribe to this list as it is used to send announcements and notices from the department and campus community.
- Check in with the main office, Room D216 Engineering Quad to pickup important documents.
- Check in with the Business Center, Room D209 Engineering Quad to obtain key and mailbox assignment. The mailroom is located in Room D225 Engineering Quad. If you will need after-hours access to the Engineering Quad please make this request to the Business Center.
- Complete lab safety training with Environmental Health & Safety. Please consult with your lab manager about the training required in addition to the laboratory safety training course.
- Complete Responsible Conduct in Research training.
- Familiarize yourself with HR Self Service . This is used to update personal information and record paid leave of absence time. Leave of absence time must be updated on a monthly basis. For changes to submitted time please contact the Department Manager.
- Benefits information can be found on the Office of Human Resources website.
The Financial Service Center located at 7 New South provides Notary Public Services. Please visit the Financial Services website for more information.
- Write a resignation letter and provide it to the faculty member and the Department Manager. It is customary that this be provided at least 30 days before your departure. The letter should include a reason for your departure, your last day of work and a forwarding address and phone number. If you are taking a position elsewhere please include your new title and the name of your new place of employment.
- Update paid leave of absence information in HR Self Service. Grant funded positions must use paid leave time prior to the end of the appointment and are not compensated for unused vacation time at the end of the appointment.
- Turn in your key to the Business Center.
- See the Office of Human Resources website for continuation of health benefits information.
- Return all University purchased lab materials, computing and supplies.