Yiguang Ju, Professor
Ph.D. Tohoku University (1994)
Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Research Award
Research focuses on the development of new technologies and the understanding of basic principles in the areas of sustainable energy, propulsion, and functional nano-materials. Current research projects comprise four primary areas:
- Microscale energy conversion via combustion and catalytic reactions
- Alternative fuels for internal combustion engines and propulsive systems
- Non-equilibrium plasma assisted combustion for supersonic propulsion, and
- Flame sysnthesis of luminescent nano-materials for energy, security and biological applications.
See http://engine.princeton.edu/ for more detailed information
- Jingning Shan, Xiao Qin1, Nan Yao2 and Yiguang Ju, Synthesis of monodisperse hexagonal
TOPO/NaYF4:Yb,Ln (Ln = Er, Ho and Tm) upconversion nanocrystals in a broad temperature window, Nanotechonology,18 (2007), 445607 (7pp).
- Jingning Shan and Yiguang Ju, Controlled synthesis of lanthanide-doped NaYF4 upconversion nanocrystals via ligand induced crystal phase transition and silica coating, APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, 90, 073104, 2007.
- Botros, B.B., Ng, H.D., Zhu, Y.J., Ju, Y. and Lee, J.H.S., The evolution and cellular structure of a detonation subsequent to the head-on interaction with a shock wave, Combustion and Flame, 2007, Vol. 151, pp. 573-580.
- “Regularized random-sampling high dimensional model representation (RS-HDMR)" Journal of Mathematical Chemistry, DOI: 10.1007/s10910-007-9250-x, 2007. Genyuan Li, Herschel Rabitz, Jishan Hu, Zheng Chen and Yiguang Ju
- “A novel vapor phase flame synthesis method for erbium doped upconversion nanophosphors,” APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, 90, 073104 (2007). (Also selected for publication on Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology -- Volume 15, Issue 8, February 26, 2007). Xiao Qin, Takeshi, Yokomori and Yiguang Ju *P79. “Regularized random-sampling high dimensional model
- “Europium-doped yttrium silicate nanophosphors prepared by flame synthesis,” Materials
Research Bulletin, Vol. 42, Issue 8, 2007, 1440-1449. X. Qin, Y. Ju, B. Stefan and N. Yao
- Z. Chen And Y. Ju, "Theoretical Analysis From Ignition To Flame Ball And Planar Flame," Combustion Theory And Modeling, Vol. 11, No. 3, June 2007, 427-453. [Pdf]