1. R. C. Murray, S.H. Zaidi, Mario R. Carraro, Leonid M. Vasilyak, Sergey O. Macheret, Mikhail N. Shneider, and Richard. B. Miles, “Magnetohydrodynamic Power Generation Using Externally Ionized, Cold, Supersonic Air as Working Fluid”, AIAA Journal, 44 (1),: Jan 2006, pp 119-127.
2. R.B. Miles, L. Qian and S.H. Zaidi, “Imaging Flow Structure and Species with Atomic and Molecular Filters,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 44, Issues 3-4, March-April 2006, pp. 240-260.
3. A. M. Zheltikov, M. N. Shneider, and R. B. Miles, “Radar Return Enhanced by a Grating of Species Selective Multiphoton Ionization as a Probe for Trace Impurities in the Atmosphere”, Applied Physics B – Lasers and Optics 83 (1): Apr 2006, pp 149-153.
4. Girgis IG, Shneider MN, Macheret SO, et al.” Steering moments creation in supersonic flow, by off-axis plasma heat addition” JOURNAL OF SPACECRAFT AND ROCKETS 43 (3): 607-613 MAY-JUN 2006
5. Murray RC, Zaidi SH, Macheret SO, et al. “Microwave diagnostics of a repetitive, short-pulse-sustained, weakly ionized, air plasma under the influence of a magnetic field”, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON PLASMA SCIENCE 34 (3): 1004-1012 Part 3 JUN 2006
6. Zhang ZL, Shneider MN, Miles RB. Microwave diagnostics of laser-induced avalanche ionization in air JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS 100 (7): Art. No. 074912 OCT 1 2006
7. Qian LP, Zaidi SH, Miles RB. One GHz linewidth, 33 line per mm, wide angle imaging filter at the potassium resonant line OPTICS EXPRESS 14 (23): 11113-11127 NOV 13 2006
8. Steeves CA, Wadley HNG, Miles RB, et al. A magnetohydrodynamic power panel for space reentry vehicles JOURNAL OF APPLIED MECHANICS-TRANSACTIONS OF THE ASME 74 (1): 57-64 JAN 2007
9. R. B. Miles, Z. Zhang, S.H. Zaidi, M.N. Shneider, “Microwave Scattering from Laser Ionized Molecules: A New Approach to Nonintrusive Diagnostics” AIAA Journal, 54 (3), March 2007, pp 513-515.
10. Z.Zhang, M. N. Shneider and R.B. Miles, “Coherent Microwave Rayleigh Scattering from Resonant Enhanced Multi-photon Ionization in Argon”, Physical Review Letters, 98 (26) paper number 265005, June 29, 2007
11. M.N. Shneider, S.O. Macheret, and R.B. Miles, “Electric Charge Buildup in Hypersonic Wind tunnels with Electron Beam Energy Addition”, AIAA Journal, 45 (7), July 2007, pp 1556-1561.
12. Likhanskii AV, Shneider MN, Macheret SO, et al. “Modeling of dielectric barrier discharge plasma actuators driven by repetitive nanosecond pulses” PHYSICS OF PLASMAS 14 (7): Art. No. 073501 JUL 2007
13. Musin RR, Shneider MN, Zheltikov AM, et al. “Guiding radar signals by arrays of laser-induced filaments: finite-difference analysis” APPLIED OPTICS 46 (23): 5593-5597 AUG 10 2007
14. Macheret SO, Shneider MN, Miles RB “Optimum performance of electron beam driven magnetohydrodynamic generators for scramjet inlet control” AIAA JOURNAL 45 (9): 2157-2163 SEP 2007
15. Mikhail N. Shneider, Zhili Zhang, and Richard B. Miles, “Plasma induced by resonance enhanced multiphoton ionization in inert gas” J. Appl. Phys. 102, 123103 (2007)
16. A.V. Likhanskii, M.N. Shneider, S.O. Macheret, and R.B. Miles.,”Modeling of dielectric barrier discharge plasma actuator in air,” JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS Volume: 103 Issue: 5 Article Number: 053305 Published: MAR 1 2008
17. D.F. Opaits, A. V. Likhanskii, G. Neretti, S. Zaidi, M. N.Shneider, R. B. Miles and S. O. Macheret, “Experimental Investigation of Dielectric Barrier Discharge Plasma Actuators Driven by Repetitive High-Voltage Nanosecond Pulses with DC or Low Frequency Sinusoidal Bias.” JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, Vol. 104, Issue 4, Article number 043304 (2008)
18. D.F. Opaits, M.N. Shneider, R.B. Miles, “Surface Charge in Dielectric Barrier Discharge Plasma Actuators,” PHYSICS OF PLASMAS Volume: 15 Issue: 7 Article Number: 073505 (JUL 2008)
19. MN Shneider, SO Macheret, SH Zaidi, IG Girgis, and RB Miles, ”Virtual shapes in supersonic flow, control with energy addition, “ JOURNAL OF PROPULSION AND POWER Volume: 24 Issue: 5 Pages: 900-915 (SEP-OCT 2008)
20. DF Opaits, MN Shneider, RB Miles, “Electrodynamic effects in nanosecond-pulse-sustained long dielectric-barrier-discharge plasma actuators’” APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS Volume: 94 Issue: 6 Article Number: 061503 ( FEB 9 2009)
21. R.B. Miles, D.F. Opaits, M.N. Shneider, S.H. Zaidi, and S.O. Macheret, Non-thermal atmospheric pressure plasmas for aeronautic applications, Eur. Phys. J. Appl. Phys. 47, 22802 (2009)
22. Chiranjeev S. Kalra, Mikhail N. Shneider and Richard B. Miles, Numerical Study of Boundary Layer Separation Control using Magnetogasdynamic Plasma Actuators, Physics of Fluids, Volume 21, Issue 10, pp. 106101-106101-9 (2009).
23. Emanuel S. Stockman, Sohail H. Zaidi, Richard B. Miles, Campbell D. Carter, and Michael D. Ryan, Measurements of combustion properties in a microwave enhanced flame, Combustion and Flame, Volume 156, Issue 7, July 2009, Pages 1453-1461
24. A. Shashurin, M. N. Shneider, A. Dogariu, R. B. Miles, and M. Keidar, Temporal behavior of cold atmospheric plasma jet, Appl. Phys. Lett. 94, 231504 (2009); Published 11 June 2009
25. J. B. Michael, A. Dogariu, M. N. Shneider, and R. B. Miles, “Subcritical Microwave Coupling to Femtosecondand PicosecondLaser Ionization for Localized, Multipoint Ignition of Methane/Air Mixtures” Journal of Applied Physics, vol108, (Nov 1, 2010)
26. Arthur Dogariu and Richard B. Miles “Detecting localized trace species in air using Radar REMPI” Applied Optics
27. Michael JB, Dogariu A, Shneider MN, and Miles RB, ”Subcritical microwave coupling to femtosecond and picosecond laser ionization for localized, multipoint ignition of methane/air mixtures” JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS Volume: 108 Issue: 9 Article Number: 093308 NOV 1 2010
28. A. Dogariu_ and R. B. Miles, “Detecting localized trace species using Radar REMPI,” /Appl. Opt. /*50, *A68 (2011)
29. Arthur Dogariu, James Michael, Marlan O. Scully, and Richard B. Miles, “High Gain Backward Lasing in Air” Science, 331, p 442-445 (Jan 28, 2011)
30. Arthur Dogariu, Mikhail N. Shneider, and Richard B. Miles “Direct measurement of the electron loss rate in air” (submitted)
31. P. R. Hemmer, R. B. Miles, P. Polynkin, T. Siebert, A.V. Sokolov, P. Sprangle, and M. O. Scully, “Standoff Spectroscopy via Remote Generation of a Backward-Propagating Laser Beam, accepted for publication, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
32. R. Miles, P Howard, C. Limbach, S. Zaidi, (Princeton University), S. Lucato, B. Cox, D. Marshall, (Teledyne Scientific Company), A.M. Espinosa, D. Driemeyer (Boeing Phantom Works), “ A Shape Morphing Ceramic Composite for Variable Geometry Scramjet Inlets. Submitted to the American Journal of Ceramics special issue