Here is a list of current research topics at the Gas Dynamics Lab:
- Stereoscopic visualization of turbulent boundary layers: click here:
- MHz rate imaging on elliptic cones in Mach 8 flow using Filtered Rayleigh Scattering
- High Reynolds number pipe flows (follow the sublink to SuperPipe).
- High Reynolds number Testing Facility: a wind tunnel for very high Reynolds number flows
(follow the sublink to SuperTunnel or HRTF).
- Control of Taylor-Couette flows
- Supersonic combustion and mixing (follow the sublink to the supersonic combustion facility).
- Compressible turbulence
- Transition in supersonic flows
- For the most recent results and developments, see What's New.