Mechanical Engineering Objectives
Objective 2 is to inspire graduates who will have the curiosity and desire of learning for life, and to instill in them the ability and self-confidence to adapt to rapid and major changes.
Strategy and Action 1
Develop an understanding of the design process for the production of mechanical engineering devices and systems.
Learn how to work as a member of a team [Interdisciplinary Product Team (IPT)], to plan and to integrate engineering disciplines; and acquire a good understanding of the design and manufacturing process.
Strategy and Action 2
Learn modern engineering analysis and design using tools such as computer-aided design, computer-aided manufacturing, finite element modeling, and computer-aided mathematical and analytical tools.
- Working knowledge of modern computer tools for mathematics and analysis of electronics
- Working knowledge of modern CAD/CAM and FEM
Strategy and Action 3
Provide advanced experience in integrating the engineering disciplines through application with emphasis on mechanical systems and tools, by a combination of course work, independent projects and participation in national student competitions.
- Experience working in self directed independent research or design, planning experiments and/or design projects, integrating the engineering sciences, and operating within a limited budget.
- To communicate technical ideas to a broad audience using written and oral means.
Strategy and Action 4
Provide opportunity to develop depth in engineering science through enrollment in graduate level courses.
- Advanced study in engineering science.