Eating Clubs

For many juniors and seniors, Princeton's 11 historic eating clubs — the first opened in 1879 — offer a hub for dining and social life. The clubs, which are located in architecturally distinctive houses along Prospect Avenue, serve daily meals prepared by a head chef and staff.

Each club typically includes 120 to 180 members who eat together in the club's private dining halls. Most students who join a club continue to live on campus while eating at their club. Guest meals and meal exchanges for the eating clubs are available to all students.

Princeton's eating clubs are governed by student officers under the auspices of independent alumni boards. Each club works to provide an array of community service, athletic, leadership and academic extracurricular programs. The clubs also sponsor joint educational and service initiatives through the Princeton Prospect Foundation.

Club facilities generally include libraries, game rooms, study spaces and media rooms with computers. All clubs also offer students wireless access to the campus computing network.

Six eating clubs engage in a selection process in which students apply for membership, and five clubs are nonselective. Any student who isn't admitted to a selective club may sign in to a club with open membership.

Students receiving financial aid also receive help covering the cost of eating club membership. The allowance is calculated based on the average cost of an easting club meal plan.


Cannon Dial Elm Club
Cap and Gown
Charter Club
Cloister Inn
Colonial Club
Cottage Club

Ivy Club
Quadrangle Club
Terrace Club
Tiger Inn
Tower Club