U-Store sponsors fall events with noted authors
Posted September 16, 2002; 04:33 p.m.
The University Store is sponsoring a number of events this fall featuring authors with Princeton connections or those of interest to the University community. The authors usually present a short talk at the store, answer questions from the audience and sign copies of their book.
Here is the schedule so far:
- 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, Sylvia Nasar, author of "A Beautiful Mind: A Biography of John Forbes Nash Jr., Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics, 1994" and co-editor of "The Essential John Nash."
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2, Anthony Lane, film and literary critic for The New Yorker magazine and author of "Nobody's Perfect: Selected Writings from The New Yorker."
- 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10, Nell Painter, the Edwards Professor of American History at Princeton and author of "Southern History Across the Color Line."
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, James McPherson, the George Henry Davis '86 Professor of History at Princeton and author of "Crossroads of Freedom: Antietam 1862."
- 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, Victor Brombert, the Henry Putnam University Professor of Romance Languages and Literatures and Comparative Literature Emeritus at Princeton and author of "Trains of Thought: Memories of a Stateless Youth."
- 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, David Sibley, naturalist, birder, artist and author of "Sibley's Birding Basics."
For more information on these events, contact Tracy Harkins at the University Store at 921-8500, ext. 255.
Contact: Marilyn Marks (609) 258-3601