U-Store sponsors events with noted authors, Jan. 28-March 12
Posted January 22, 2003; 10:43 a.m.
The University Store is sponsoring a number of events in the early spring featuring authors with Princeton connections or those of interest to the University community. The authors usually present a short talk at the store, answer questions from the audience and sign copies of their books. Here is the schedule for the coming weeks:
- 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28, Joao Magueijo, former visiting researcher at Princeton, current lecturer at Imperial College in London and author of "Faster Than the Speed of Light."
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, Lawrence Rosen, Princeton professor of anthropology and author of "The Culture of Islam."
- 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, Ann Waldron, Princeton writer and author of the fictional work, "The Princeton Murders: Big Crime on Campus."
- 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, seven women poets (some from New Jersey) who are authors of "Cool Women Volume Two."
- 11 a.m. Saturday, March 1, Lynne Cherry , visiting fellow at the Princeton Environmental Institute and author of "How Groundhog's Garden Grew."
- 2 p.m. Saturday, March 1, George Gallup and Michael Lindsay, authors of "The Gallup Guide: Reality Check for 21st-Century Churches."
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 5, Ira Black, chair of neuroscience and cell biology at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and author of "The Changing Brain: Alzheimer's Disease and Advances in Neuroscience."
- 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 12, Keith Blanchard, Princeton alumnus, editor-in-chief of Maxim magazine and author of "The Deed."
For more information, call (609) 921-8500, ext. 255, or visit the U-Store Web site.
The University Store is located at 36 University Place, just off Nassau Street, on Princeton's campus. All events are free and open to the public. Free customer parking is directly across the street.
Contact: Tom Bartus (609) 258-3601