The summer concerts are performed on the Class of 1892 Bells, the fifth largest carillon in the country.
Photo: Denise Applewhite
Carillon concerts performed through Sept. 4
Posted June 30, 2005; 03:35 p.m.
The University's 13th annual Summer Carillon Series -- featuring
Princeton carillonneurs and guest performers from across the nation and
Europe -- will be held at 1 p.m. each Sunday from July 3 through Sept.
4 at Cleveland Tower on the Graduate College campus.
The concerts are performed on the University's renowned Class of 1892 Bells, the fifth largest carillon in the country and one of the top 10 in size worldwide.
The following are details on the dates and performers:
- July 3: Ellen Dickinson, Yale University.
- July 10: Sara Elias and Ana Elias, carillon duets, Alverca, Portugal.
- July 17: Todd Fair, University of Denver.
- July 24: R. Robin Austin, Princeton University.
- July 31: Malgosia Fiebig, Gdansk, Poland.
- Aug. 7: Tiffany Ng, Yale University.
- Aug 14: John Widmann, Frederick, Md.
- Aug. 21: Scott Parry, a member of the Princeton University class of 1954.
- Aug. 28: Helen Hawley, University of Kansas.
- Sept. 4: David Maker, University of Connecticut.
For more information, contact Penna Rose.