Carillon concerts planned through Sept. 2
Posted June 18, 2007; 04:13 p.m.
The University's 15th annual Summer Carillon Series -- featuring Princeton carillonneurs and guest performers from across the nation as well as Europe and Japan -- will be held at 1 p.m. each Sunday from June 24 through Sept. 2 at Cleveland Tower on the Graduate College campus.
The concerts are performed on the University's renowned Class of 1892 Bells, the fifth largest carillon in the country and one of the top 10 in size worldwide.
The following are details on the dates and performers:
- June 24 -- Robin Austin, Philadelphia.
- July 1 -- Charles Dairay, Orchies, Le Quesnoy and St. Amand les Eaux, France.
- July 8 -- Sara Elias and Ana Elias, Alverca, Portugal.
- July 15 -- Toru Takao, Himeji, Japan.
- July 22 -- Jonathan Lehrer, Washington, D.C.
- July 29 -- Thomas Lee, Philadelphia.
- Aug. 5 -- John Widmann, Frederick, Md.
- Aug. 12 -- James Smith, Mercersburg, Pa.
- Aug. 19 -- John Courter, Berea, Ky.
- Aug. 26 -- Laurel MacKenzie, Philadelphia.
- Sept. 2 -- Scott Parry, Princeton.
For more information, contact Penna Rose.