Carillon concerts planned through Aug. 31
Posted June 17, 2008; 09:23 a.m.
The University's 16th annual Summer Carillon Series, featuring carillonneurs from across the country, will be held at 1 p.m. each Sunday from June 29 through Aug. 31 at Cleveland Tower on the Graduate College campus.
The concerts are performed on the University's renowned Class of 1892 Bells, the fifth largest carillon in the country and one of the top 10 in size worldwide.
The following are details on the dates and performers:
- June 29 -- Laurel MacKenzie, Philadelphia.
- July 6 -- George Matthew Jr., Brandon, Vt.
- July 13 -- Margaret Pan, Princeton.
- July 20 -- Steven Ball, Chelsea, Mich.
- July 27 -- Jeremy Chesman, Springfield, Mo.
- Aug. 3 -- Lisa Lonie, Blue Bell, Pa.
- Aug. 10 -- Thomas Lee, Philadelphia.
- Aug. 17 -- Scott Parry, Princeton.
- Aug. 24 -- Edward Lee Cobb, Lake Wales, Fla.
- Aug. 31 -- Claire Halpert, Cambridge, Mass.