For immediate release:
January 28, 2009
Media contact: Cass Cliatt, (609) 258-6108, email@example.com
EPA presents clean construction workshop at Princeton, Feb. 2
Princeton's Department of Facilities will host an Environmental Protection Agency workshop on Monday, Feb. 2, 2009, addressing clean construction options for colleges and universities. The workshop is focused on clean diesel technologies for existing construction equipment, and presenting funding opportunities and examples of successful diesel emissions reduction projects in the Northeast. The day is targeted toward construction and facilities management and staff, and sustainability staff at institutions of higher education, as well as external construction services partnered with institutions of higher education.
The workshop is free to the public, although registration is required through the EPA website by Thursday, Jan. 29. Members of the news media who wish to attend must register NO LATER THAN NOON FRIDAY, JAN. 30, 2009, using the registration information below.
- All-day Clean Construction workshop.
- Agenda available at www.epa.gov/region2/cleanconstructionworkshop.
- Acting EPA Regional Administrator George Pavlou
- Princeton University Vice President of Facilities Mike McKay
- Speakers from Princeton, Harvard, Cornell, and Columbia Universities; NJ Department of Environmental Protection; New Jersey Board of Public Utilities; New Jerset Higher Education Partnership for Sustainability; Northeast States for Coordinated Air Use Management; and industry leaders.
- Mon., Feb. 2, 2009, starting at 8:15 am. Breakfast and lunch provided.
- Princeton University, Frist Campus Center, Multipurpose Rooms A&B in Princeton, N.J.
- Available on-line at: www.epa.gov/region02/cleanconstructionworkshop/pdf/directions_to_princeton.pdf.
- Media should register for this conference by contacting Jennifer May (EPA) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 637-3658.
For more information on the conference, visit the EPA's workshop website.