Carillon concerts planned through Sept. 6
Posted June 10, 2009; 06:46 p.m.
The University's 17th annual Summer Carillon Series, featuring carillonneurs from the United States, the Netherlands and Australia, will be held at 1 p.m. each Sunday from June 28 through Sept. 6 at Cleveland Tower on the Graduate College campus.
The concerts are performed on the University's renowned Class of 1892 Bells, the fifth largest carillon in the country and one of the top 10 in size worldwide.
The following are details on the dates and performers:
• June 28. Amy Johansen, Sydney, Australia.
• July 5. The Groningen Carillon Duo, Groningen, the Netherlands.
• July 12. Janno den Engelsman, Utrecht, the Netherlands.
• July 19. Margaret Pan, Princeton.
• July 26. Carol Anne Taylor, Dallas.
• Aug. 2. Doug Gefvert, Valley Forge, Pa.
• Aug. 9. Edward Nassor, Washington, D.C.
• Aug. 16. Scott Parry, Princeton.
• Aug. 23. John Lehrer, Dix Hills, N.Y.
• Aug. 30. Lisa Lonie, Blue Bell, Pa.
• Sept. 6. Thomas Lee, Philadelphia.
For more information, contact Penna Rose.