Alumni to return to campus for Reunions
Posted May 12, 2011; 09:24 a.m.
More than 20,000 Princeton alumni, family members and friends are expected on campus Thursday through Sunday, May 26-29, for Reunions activities.
Highlights will include:
- the P-rade throughout campus beginning at 2 p.m. Saturday;
- alumni-faculty forums and department open houses during the day Friday and Saturday;
- the "Battle of the Alumni Bands" from 10 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Friday on the Frist Campus Center South Lawn;
- performances by student groups including Quipfire!, the Princeton University Players, Theatre Intime and Triangle Club on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings;
- receptions and student/alumni arch sings on Friday and Saturday evenings; and
- the University Orchestra's lawn concert at 8 p.m. Saturday on Finney and Campbell fields, followed by fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
All alumni and University representatives again will be required to have wristbands to participate in Reunions activities in the major reunion headquarters courtyards. Wristbands are not required for attending lectures or performances, watching the P-rade, or attending the concert and fireworks, all of which are open to alumni, friends and the campus community.
The single fee for wristbands to cover Thursday-Saturday evenings is $30 per person. Information regarding wristband registration was emailed to faculty and staff members on May 5. Payment is by credit card only. Starting Thursday, May 26, the single fee will increase to $40 per person.
Faculty and staff members and their guests must pick up their wristbands in person in the parlor of Maclean House (enter at the front of the house) at the following times: between 1 and 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 25; between 1 and 5 p.m. and 7 and 11 p.m. Thursday, May 26; and between 7 and 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday, May 27-28. A University ID card and valid driver's license with photo will be required for pickup.
Attendees can access the Reunions schedule and other key content via smartphone on the Reunions Mobile website. For more information on Reunions activities, visit the Reunions 2011 website or call (609) 258-1900.