Carillon concerts planned through summer
Posted June 6, 2011; 01:26 p.m.
The University's 19th annual Summer Carillon Series, featuring carillonneurs from around the United States and abroad, will be held at 1 p.m. each Sunday from June 26 through Sept. 4 at Cleveland Tower on the Graduate College campus.
The concerts are performed on the University's renowned Class of 1892 Bells, the fifth largest carillon in the country and one of the top 10 in size worldwide.
The following are details on the dates and performers:
- June 26: Robin Austin, Princeton
- July 3: Geert d'Hollander, Antwerp, Belgium
- July 10: Amy Johansen, Woodford, Australia
- July 17: Karel Keldermans, Springfield, Ill.
- July 24: Lisa Lonie, Blue Bell, Pa.
- July 31: Toru Takao, Düsseldorf, Germany
- Aug. 7: Carol Jickling Lens, Denver
- Aug. 14: Lee Cobb, Clearwater, Fla.
- Aug. 21: Ed Nassor, Washington, D.C.
- Aug. 28: James Fackenthal, Chicago
- Sept. 4: Doug Gefvert, Valley Forge, Pa.
For more information, contact Penna Rose.