Alumni from the Class of 1979 gather for a photo at Blair Arch during Princeton Reunions in 2004. This image was one of more than 1,000 submitted by alumni for a video slideshow of memories from Reunions past.
Photo courtesy of
Lonny Behar '79
Slideshow: Princeton alumni to make memories at Reunions
Posted May 30, 2012; 12:00 p.m.
This year, more than 20,000 Princeton University alumni, family members and friends are expected on campus for Reunions 2012, creating memories that will last a lifetime. Before the event — which runs Thursday through Sunday, May 31 through June 3 — dozens of alumni submitted photos via email and social media to be featured in a slideshow highlighting past Reunions.
Play 'Reunions Memories' video.
From a vast collection of alumni photos, including some from as far back as the early 1970s, the slideshow paints a picture of the fun and community that is rekindled each year at Reunions. The largest submission came from Peter Dutton of the Class of 1991, who provided access to his Reunions photo collection — which numbered more than 1,000 images.
Reunions 2012 highlights include:
- the P-rade throughout campus beginning at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 2;
- alumni-faculty forums and department open houses during the day Friday and Saturday, June 1 and 2;
- the "Battle of the Alumni Bands" from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, June 1, in the courtyard behind the University Store at 36 University Place;
- evening performances by student groups including Quipfire!, the Princeton University Players, Theatre Intime and Triangle Club Thursday through Saturday, May 31 through June 2;
- evening receptions and student/alumni arch sings Friday and Saturday, June 1 and 2; and
- the University Orchestra's lawn concert at 8 p.m. Saturday, June 2, on Finney and Campbell fields, followed by fireworks at 9 p.m.
Attendees and the public can follow Reunions activities and discussion by visiting Reunions Mobile on their smartphones, or by following the hashtag #princetonreunions on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.