Buildings cleared after gas leak capped
Posted December 2, 2013; 02:35 p.m.
A backhoe struck a gas line south of the University's McCosh Health Center shortly before 10 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 2, prompting an evacuation of about 500 people from 11 buildings in the immediate area.
The gas was turned off and teams from the Princeton Fire Department, the University's Department of Public Safety and the Office of Environmental Health and Safety checked for gas levels before the buildings were cleared for occupation at 12:40 p.m.
No injuries were reported.