What Students Say
• What can you learn from it?
• What is it like being a physics major?
• What are common misconceptions about physics majors?
• What kind of internships and international experiences have physics majors had?
• How will physics majors save the world?
• Why would anyone want to date a physics major?
What is physics?
- Rules that govern everything that exists (like why don't we just fly off the earth if we jump up, or why do we have mass at all)
- Quantitative and analytical skills (useful in every field, even if you don't want to do research for life)
- Ability to work in inter-disciplinary areas (Physics goes with everything — econophysics, biophysics, chem-physics, neuroscience etc.)
- Ability to identify & create art. (Seriously, most of the physics laws and equations are very elegant and beautiful. Take a course in quantum mechanics or particle physics or relativity — you'll be convinced. )