- Anticipate questions.
- Listen carefully to all questions, waiting to respond until you are sure that you understand what’s being asked.
- Repeat questions before responding to them.
- Keep your responses brief (don’t digress).
- Be honest—if you don’t know the answer, say so.
- Create visual aids.
- Try to deflect loaded questions.
- Control the interchange (i.e., don’t let one person dominate the question-and-answer period
or give a mini-speech).
- Use the last questions to summarize your main points or reinforce your main idea.