Application and Admission
Under the terms of the Agreement, the member community colleges nominate applicants for the Fellowship Program each year. Applicants must have at least five years of full-time teaching or administrative experience, including the last four years sequentially, when they apply. The first round of applications are due in November, the second round in March. Enrollment is usually limited to no more than two Fellows per college for each academic year.
Admission has to be approved by a screening committee and by the Princeton Graduate School.
Application forms can be obtained on-line at this website. The application is judged by the following criteria:
- Is the applicant going to feel comfortable doing graduate work or advanced undergraduate work, and will this intensive study in a discipline benefit him or her?
- What general educational interests will the applicant bring to the Fellows Seminar that will benefit the other participants and which make it seem likely that the candidate will also benefit from the experience?
- Is the applicant really in need of mid-career revitalization?
- How many years has he or she been in essentially the same position full-time?
- What indications are there that the Program will make a significant contribution to the applicant's future growth?
- Are chairpersons and deans at the home institution willing to encourage whatever curricular or other changes the candidate may wish to make as a result of the Fellowship experience?
All tuition costs, as well as registration and institutional fees at Princeton, are waived for Fellows. Fellows are responsible for travel expenses and course materials.
- The Application (Please complete and submit form online).
- Two letters of Academic Recommendation. (Please print, complete, and mail form to the address listed below.)
- Authorization Letter from an authorized administrative officer at your institution. (Please print, complete, and mail form to the address listed below.)
- Official transcripts sent to the MCFP directly from the institutions (graduate school only).
The above items should reach the address indicated on the forms no later than the designated date in November and March.*
If you plan to use an overnight delivery service, please use the following address:
Mid-Career Fellowship Program
The McGraw Center for Teaching and Learning
328 Frist Campus Center
Princeton, NJ 08544
*The application deadline for participating in the 2013-2014 academic year is
MARCH 1, 2013.
For more information, contact:
The Mid-Career Fellowship Program
Margo Orlando, Program Administrator
Phone (609) 258-2379
Fax (609) 258-1433