Mudd home PU home library home search contact us about Mudd
Mudd Library

Guidelines for Transferring Records of Student Organizations

Return to Transfers and Donations Main Page

After reading these guidelines, please go to Instructions for Transferring or Donating Records to the University Archives to learn the procedure for donating your materials. See also Tips for Preserving Your Student Organization's History.

Student organization records commonly transferred to the Archives include:

  • Constitutions, charters, and by-laws
  • Annual reports
  • Minutes and reports of meetings and committees
  • Membership lists
  • Organizational histories
  • Publications and publicity material: newsletters, brochures, event programs and booklets
  • Officers' files: correspondence and memoranda (incoming and outgoing) and subject files concerning projects, activities, and functions
  • Scrapbooks
  • Photographs, audio and video recordings

The University Archives accepts the above records in analog or digital format.

Items which generally should not be transferred to the Archives include:

  • Blank forms
  • Detailed financial records, canceled checks, bank statements, and receipts
  • All duplicate material: keep only the original copy and annotated copies
  • Plaques and trophies

Please contact the University Archives staff below with any questions or to transfer records.

Dan Linke
University Archivist

Last modified: Friday, 29-Aug-2014 09:41:24 EDT