1. Open the finder, click Go > “Connect to Server”.
2. Type in “smb://files/netid” replacing netid with your netid.
A window will pop up asking for your name and password. Log in with your credentials.
3. It will appear as a shared “files” folder in the finder. Press the eject button to the folder before leaving the lab.
1. Open up Windows Explorer. Click “Map network drive”.
2. Type “\\files\netid” replacing netid with your net id. Ensure “reconnect at login” is unchecked. Hit enter.
3. Type PRINCETON\netid into username, replacing netid with your net id.
Enter your password, ensure “remember my password” is unchecked, and hit Ok.
The server will now be available in My Computer, as the letter you mapped it as (probably Z:). Be sure to right click and disconnect from the server before leaving the lab.