1. Make sure the scanner is on: The ON/OFF button should be lit blue. Open Adobe Photoshop CS4.
2. Place the item to be scanned (if it is reflective) face down in the upper right-hand corner. Refer to the specialty scanning guide for film, negatives and slides.
3. In Photoshop go to the File menu > Import > CanoScan 8800F.
4. A window titled “ScanGear” will popup. Select the turquoise PREVIEW button. (If you get an error message, check that the Input Settings > Select Source is set to PLATEN).
5. Make any adjustments necessary using the toolbox on the right. When you are ready, click the blue Scan button. Close the ScanGear window.
Your image will be open as an untitled document in Photoshop. You can edit, crop, save and print your image via Photoshop.